Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade Silkworm 4100 Firmware Upgrade

Dear Concern

Hi,

We have 4 Brocade Silkworm 4100 switches one of them heaving a problem and firmware is very old Fabric OS Ver: 5.0.1b.  So in this connection I want to upgrade the firmware.

I am looking your help/guidence

With thanks & regards.

Asim Sami

asimsami@hasoub.com

External Moderator

Re: Brocade Silkworm 4100 Firmware Upgrade

Important Notes:

Some, but not all boards are staffed by Brocade. They are provided for Brocade users to connect and help one another. Always abide by the Brocade Extranet Terms and Conditions of . These boards are not intended for obtaining direct support from Brocade.

However, if you have a valid Maintenance Contract with Brocade, open a Ticket Direct by Brocade Support.

About you question for Firmware Upgrade, see this DOC

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Dear TechHelp24

Hi,

I appriciate for your reply. Actually these 4 switches connected with 2 EMC storages and all out of warranty,

Our customer don't need service contract, so I need only to download those Firmware files.

Need your help in this situation

With Thanks & Regards

Asim Sami

Super Contributor

Asim,

FOS package download are available by Brocade only with Maintenance Contract.

See in Internet by any OEM such as HP or IBM for Download.

If you have any question about Upgrade procedure, let me know.

Super Contributor

HI,

Pls check , these SWs must have AMC with some organizations, which are partner or OEMs.If you organization is a partner, then you can log into the Brocade site and get the FOS. But I have seen , with our ID, I got only 5.3.2a, where as through  OEM ID I got FOS5.3.2c. For FOS upgrade, pls follow the attached guide.It is pretty simple, unless you have access to an FTP server properly.Pls go trough the release notes of FOS version also. It is pretty simple.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-140188-02-1

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.