Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade Silkworm 200E license keys

Hi everyone,

We have four Silkworm 200E switches. Two of them are HP re-branded but anyway, they are basically the same model.

The previous administrator was not exactly known for documenting, well, anything, and long story short, we have no record of the purchased licenses. Nothing at all.

I can display license information through the cli (licenseshow), displaying a bunch of alphanumeric codes, and license types.

As per the cli reference guide, you could use this command to display the license keys,

My question is, is this information enough to backup the licenses?. I plan to upgrade to their latest supported firmware (6.2.2f) and this is the only show-stopper. I do not mind re-configuring the switches from scratch, but in case of a disastrous upgrade process (this will be my first time) I want to have the license keys. Just in case.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Contributor

Re: Brocade Silkworm 200E license keys

Hi ,

You can take the Backup of the License key's whatever shows from license show command. However upgrading supported firmware may not be casues any issues on the switch.

In case of something goes wrong only (ex: FOS may not be boot) that point in time & business impacting you  should have the role back plan for the same.

Regards,

Seenivasan

New Contributor

Re: Brocade Silkworm 200E license keys

Hi Seenivasan,

Thanks.

In theory, the upgrades will not mess up the configuration including licenses, but one is not cautious enough, and we have no record of the licenses.

I will get back with the results of the upgrade.

Regards,

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.