Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Brocade SAN Switch 8/24 How to configure

Hi,

I am new, my collegue on Holiday, I want to add a new esx Server to the storage. I have to add on the SAN Switch 8/24 Fabric A and B the new Server. First how can I do a backup of each San Switch? (in the menu on backup it does not ask me about backupfilename and path)

Is there a tool or docu to configure ports (for testing)? I know a lot of question, but may be somebody can Help Greenhorn....

Thanks a lot!!!!

werner

Contributor

Re: Brocade SAN Switch 8/24 How to configure

from cli  To take the backup of the configuration use configupload command..use your local ftp server to save the configuration.

Regards

Seenivasan P

Contributor

Hi,

a good start could be the FOS Administrator’s Guide for your FOS version. You can find that under my.brocade.com -> Downloads -> Fabric Operating System (FOS).

It is huge but the chapters you probably need are at least:

- Section I: Chapter 3: Ports

- Section I: Chapter 11: Administering Advanced Zoning

Michael

Super Contributor

micm wrote:

a good start could be the FOS Administrator’s Guide for your FOS version. You can find that under my.brocade.com -> Downloads -> Fabric Operating System (FOS).

In addition to downloading from MyBrocade for a local copy, there is also the HTML'ized version found here.

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/FOS_AG_710/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Title.01.1.html

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.