Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Brocade FCIP interconnect with Cisco MDS 9506 MSM Module

Hi,

We have Brocade DCX8510 with FX8-24 Blade in one DC and in the other DC, Cisco MDS 9506 with MSM Module to provide FCIP between DCs.

I just wanted to know how to configure FCIP between these tow devices.

Regards

Brocade Moderator

Re: Brocade FCIP interconnect with Cisco MDS 9506 MSM Module

[ Edited ]

Hello,

As far I know this is not a supported configuration.

Just to be sure about what you would like to do:

DCX/FX8-24-----MDS 9506

DC1----------------DC2

or

DCX/FX8-24----MDS 9506----MDS 9506-----DCX/FX8-24

DC1---------------DC1------------DC2-------------DC2

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Hi thierry,

thank you for your reply,

my case is the first one,

DCX/FX8-24-----MDS 9506

DC1----------------DC2

Brocade Moderator

So not supported.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok,

so which solution can help me to use current equipments for FCIP Intersite connectivity?

should I buy some new equipments, such as brocade 7840 on MDS side as router?

I mean this topology:

DCX [DC1] <------------> [DC2] 7840 -------- MDS9506

Brocade Moderator

Yes a 7840 will be fine for discuss with DCX.

Cisco MDS9506 will be not able to communicate in switch mode. Device will need to run in Access gateway mode.

Concerning your complete architecture, perhaps it will be good to have your OEM involved for verify your complete need and design the best solution.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you and greatly appreciate your helps and solution.

Regards

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.