Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade E Port Configuration

Hi All,

I am planning to purchase Brocade 4100 to connect to silkwork 3200 ,

Any Idea , what's the latest firmware supported by  4100 , does it support FOS 6.x ?

When I was going through some of the switch spec's I found some switch doesn't support E Port

Do I need special license to configure E port ??, I know that we need license for Trunk confifuration not sure about E port .

can I configure a fabric with Brocade 4100 & Silkworm 3200  ( This is purly for Learning & Testing purpose )

Please share your experiance

Thanks in advance

Pavan

External Moderator

Re: Brocade E Port Configuration

Brocade 3200 and 3800 was available as Full Fabric and VL = Value Line 2 and 4.

2 mean you can build a Fabric with a Total of TWO Switches, and 4 for FOUR Switches Fabric.

Brocade 4100 is Supported till FOS 6.4.x, however the Brocade 3200 with FOS 3.2 can partecipate in a Fabric / FOS 6.2.x with certain restrictions.

For details see Release Notes 6.2.x and 6.4.x are attached.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the response,

Do I need any license to configue multiple E port's ( at least 2 ISL's )

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Valued Contributor

No you don't need a license for multiple ISL's between switches.

The Full Fabric license allows for more domains (switches) than 2 or 4 as TechHelp24 described.

You will need a trunking license if you want to trunk multiple ISL's between switches.

If thats not your goal then you should be good to go

External Moderator

If the switch is Licensed as mentioned in my preview post, VL2 or VL4 or Full Fabric, not other License is requiered.

If the switch is Licensed as Standalon, you need a Fabric License.

However the second option not make sense by Old 3200, and such License Upgrade are not longer available.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.