Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade DCX-4S FOS Firmware backout plan

I am planning to upgrade the FOS on a DCX-4S SAN director from 6.4.3d to 6.4.3f and have been asked for a backout plan. Is it possible to simply re-apply the previous version (6.4.3d) in the event of any issues with the upgrade.

I don't see there being any issues (never had any in any previous upgrades). But have been asked if it's possible. Thanks.

External Moderator

Re: Brocade DCX-4S FOS Firmware backout plan

you can rollback / downgrade to 6.4.3d release at any time, however keep in mind this fos Release is end of Support.

Additional, you should not upgrade to the "f" Release, because this Release is vulnerable. If you want to remain to 6.4.3, then Upgrade to "g"

I would suggest - if you don't have any valid reason to leave on 6.4 - to upgrade to newest FOS 7.x

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Re: Brocade DCX-4S FOS Firmware backout plan

Thank you. I thought that might be the case, Just wanted to check. I will upgrade to 6.4.3g as you suggest.

Not able to upgrade to v7 currently as still running DCFM. Plans to upgrade to Network Advisor in the coming months.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.