Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor

Brocade Adapters Ref Manual 3.2.3.0 inquiry

I have some questions concerning the instructions in the  Brocade Adapter Software Installer reference manual.pdf.

This will be for a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 server, Dell poweredge 2970 (not vmware). Card installed is Brocade 815 Single Port 8 GBPS FC Host Bus adapter.

I will be using the GUI based installer as described on page 92.
This is started by executing the  brocade_adapter_software_installer_windows_v3-2-3-0.exe.

Here are my questions:
1. Do I need to copy the brocade_driver_win2008_R2_x64_v3-2-3-0.exe to my server also, or is that not necessary since driver should be installed by GUI?

2. Page 97, Item 17. Make sure to update adapter with latest boot image. Does the GUI not install this?
Where do i find latest boot code, i cannot locate it on Brocade website anywere. Manual refers to
www.brocade.com/adapters, but this page does not exist.

3. Page 91, KB2490742 is recommended when installing drivers. This patch reads:
"You configure the computer to start from a hard disk drive that is connected to the HBAs."
So if we are not configuring to boot from such a disk, (still booting from c) do we still need this patch?

Manual I am referring to is attached to this post.

Thank you.

Walt

External Moderator

Re: Brocade Adapters Ref Manual 3.2.3.0 inquiry

Brocade CNA and HBA was sell to QLogic at January 2014

http://www.qlogic.com/Resources/Documents/FAQs/Adapters/brocade-qlogic-adapters-transaction-faq.pdf

for download Drivers, Firmware and DOC visit www.qlogic.com

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.