11-18-2010 03:58 AM
I was wondering if anybody could give me a pointer in the right direction. We have installed Citrix XenServer 5.6 and now want to add a Brocade 825 card to the server. I am aware that the 825 is not natively supported by XenServer and think I have installed the NoArch Rpm files as per http://community.brocade.com/message/13471#13471.
A quick overview of what I have done to try and get these up and running
1. Extracted brocade_driver_linux_220.127.116.11.tar.gz to a memory stick
2. Mounted the memory stick to /mnt/tmp
3. Tried the installer with "./brocade_install.sh" This returned the error "ERROR: Install failure: no gcc and kernel-xen-devel-18.104.22.168 rpm"
4. Tried "yum install bfa_driver_linux-22.214.171.124-0.noarch.rpm". This wouldn't install due to the driver not being signed.
5. Tried "yum --gpgcheck install bfa_driver_linux-126.96.36.199-0.noarch". This seemed to work. Used the same command on the "bna_driver_linux-188.8.131.52-0.noarch.rpm" and "bfa_util_linux-184.108.40.206-0.noarch.rpm"
Rebooted the server and the XenServer still doesn't see anything on the otherside of the 825.
I am obviously doing something wrong if anyone can help I would be very much appreciative.
11-18-2010 04:34 AM
Further Update - it look (when trying to erase and re install) that the install failed.
Marking bfa_driver_linux-220.127.116.11-0.noarch.rpm to be installed
--> Running transaction check
---> Package bfa_driver_linux.noarch 0:18.104.22.168-0 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Package Arch Version Repository Size
bfa_driver_linux noarch 22.214.171.124-0 /bfa_driver_linux-126.96.36.199-0.noarch 4.8 M
Install 1 Package(s)
Update 0 Package(s)
Remove 0 Package(s)
Total size: 4.8 M
Is this ok : y
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Install failure: no gcc and kernel-xen-devel-188.8.131.52 rpm
error: %pre(bfa_driver_linux-184.108.40.206-0.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 5
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping bfa_driver_linux-220.127.116.11-0
Hopefully this will give someone some pointers.
11-18-2010 04:47 AM
Brocade HBA / Drivers are not Supported for Citrix XenServer.
If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.