Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
cfulgium

Brocade 804 BIOS Updates Failing Through BCUCLI

Hello all.

I am in the process of upgrading our Brocade BIOS in all of our Proliant BL465c G7 blades.  I ran across a few blades that will not flash from the BCUCLI.  I am upgrading from fw v3.0.0.3 to v3.0.3.4 on ESXi from the livecd.  During the BCUCLI load process I get a reference to a kernel panic then it states Fatal exception in interrupt.  It then initiates a "Call Trace", lists some items that I am not familiar with, then states "Fixing recursive fault but reboot is required".  It does this each time I try it.  If anyone has seen this before, or can send me to a better forum for resolution I would greatly appreciate it.  I have attached a screenshot of what I could capture.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Fulgium

Valued Contributor
TechHelp24

Re: Brocade 804 BIOS Updates Failing Through BCUCLI

cfulgium

--->>> ....or can send me to a better forum for resolution I would greatly appreciate it.

indeed, you open a Thread in wrong Forum. Community Info & Feedback Forum is not Product related.

This is the correct URL

Thanks.

http://community.brocade.com/community/forums/products_and_solutions/server_connectivity

TechHelp24
Frequent Contributor
Grace.Chang

Re: Brocade 804 BIOS Updates Failing Through BCUCLI

Hi cfulgium,

I have moved your discussion thread to the Server Connectivity Forum as that will be the best place to get your question answered.

Thank you for using Brocade Communities!

Cheers,

Grace Chang

Global Community Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.