Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade 58.2 serial interface

Hi,

In general we patch our Ethernet switch configure access like this: redundant with two connections to the switch.

1. IP based switch to the the switch Ethernet port, in my case the right (green) one.
  2. Console switch to the serial switch port, in my case the left one (red) one.

switch-b32.GIF

Does it make sense to patch SAN switches like having two independant remote network accesses?

How can I use the left to connect to a console switch. As a console switch is meant a switch with which you access the connected devices via telnet <console-switch-ip> 100<port number where connected>. Is there a possibility? I tried it simply to connect it like this.

Console-Switch ----- B32 (Brocade 58.2)

e.g. "telnet 10.10.10.10 1005"

But all I got was an empty command box, like there is a device, but not responding properly. Is there any possibility to connect the switch like I want it?

Regards

GK
Contributor

Re: Brocade 58.2 serial interface

console port is used to connect directly to the switch (no telnet nor any remote session) with serial port on the laptop / system, use the compatibilty console cable (in this case: serial port to console port) to connect it.

External Moderator

Re: Brocade 58.2 serial interface

--->>> Is there any possibility to connect the switch like I want it?

Yes, it is. You can use any Serial-to-IP Converter External Box with Native Embedded Telnet.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.