Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

? Brocade 4/24 SAN switch compatibility

Hi,

I have a customer with an HP BladeSystem c-Class c7000 with a Brocade 4/24 SAN switch.  They want to connect a storage system to this switch and I am trying to determine if the storage (IBM DS8100) will be supported.

Looking in the normal compatibility guide under the DS8100 information, I do not see this switch.  Does anyone know of another guide that may contain compatibility information for the Blade based Brocade switches?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

Super Contributor

Re: ? Brocade 4/24 SAN switch compatibility

Is full supported.

Is listed in the Brocade compatibility matrix

New Contributor

Thank you for the information.  I did check the Brocade Compatibility Guide and the DS8100 information.  However, I did not see the HP Brocade 4/24 SAN switch listed (at least using that description).

Is there a Brocade Product name for this same switch?

For example the new "Brocade 8Gb SAN Module for HP c-Class Bladesystem" is listed on the Brocade site as the Brocade 5480.  So if the new 8Gb switch were supported (it is not), it would be listed in the Compatibility Guide as 5480, not the HP description.

Is it possible that the older 4Gb version has a similar Brocade Product name - maybe "4024" or something like that?

I am a little thick ;-) and also would like to get better at verifying this type of information.

Thanks again.

Tom

Super Contributor

--->>> Is it possible that the older 4Gb version has a similar Brocade Product name - maybe "4024" or something like that?

exact, this is the 4024

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.