Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Brocade 300 nothing works on the cli

Hi all,

Im new in the community and also new on Brocade FC switches. 

I was able to get mysefl an old Brocade 300 and removed the root password using the password recovery document.

The problem i have is that no command works on the command line as is always give me the command not found Smiley Sad

i have tried with the admin and root account but without sucess. I have also tried firmwareshow but gor this command in return
fabosShowInit failed: -1

Could you please give me some help how to setup this properly ?

Thanks In Advance

Rmccas

New Contributor

Re: Brocade 300 nothing works on the cli

update

i repeated the process and i have full access to the switch.

unfortunately i cannot access from the web

can someone recomend the browser and java versions that would work with this model ?

Thanks

Rmccas

Valued Contributor

good news Smiley Happy

try java 1.6.45

i don't think browser version is critical, but if you have a choice, try something equally old Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

after all, now that you have cli access, you don't really need any java Smiley Wink
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

good that your switch is back up and running.

Check the Release Notes of your installed FOS Version for e.g. Java compatibility.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.