Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Brocade 300 - Problem with access web interface: "SecureSANException: white space not allowed"

Hello,

I'm having problems with a Brocade 300 in a client. They have an old brocade that had a really old firmware I think, 5.3.0 and no one could access it via web interface, because always showed an error of certificate. I tried all the workaround I found here in the community but nothing worked, so I started to update de firmware, and I updated till the most recent version (FOS 7.3.1).

Now I can get the prompt to insert the username and password, but as soon as I press enter, it gives me a "Exeption encontered during initialization: com.brocade.web.secsan.SecureSANException: white space not allowed Details: ...." (you can see the link to a screenshot of the error).

When I press ok, it just doesn't load the page.

Anyone can help me with this problem? I'm using the java 8 update 40 and it doesn't work.

I downloaded the java 7 update 51,60 and 71 to try those too, when I go to the client. But I don't wanna go there, and come back without solve the issue, so anyone knows if the java version is the problem?

Below is the Error:

http://s23.postimg.org/loigv9kfv/brocade_web_problem.jpg

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor

Re: Brocade 300 - Problem with access web interface: "SecureSANException: white space not allowed"

I'm having this same issue. with version 7.3.1  IBM24B-4 SAN switch which is a Brocade 300

External Moderator

Re: Brocade 300 - Problem with access web interface: "SecureSANException: white space not allowed"

hi Buhl3r and byesenskiy@natc-ht.com,

this is a common question here in the community.

Java 8 Update 40 is Supported, but I would suggest to use java 7 Update 60

I use Update 75 and work fine

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I installed Java 7 update 51 and it worked. so I left that one.

Thanks anyway

Contributor

Hello,

please see Brocade

Solutions ID:   SLN3435

Workaround
Use Java 7 until FOS version with the fix can be installed.
Root Cause
In HTTP header, an empty space is being added when passing related information which triggers the "White space is not allowed" exception error.

Mainly impacts B300 and switches where VirtualFabric VF feature not enabled
Resolution
Upgrade to FOS release containing the fix.
Product Defect
DEFECT000532726
Fixed in Version
7.4.0, 7.3.2, 7.3.1b, 7.2.1e
New Contributor

It appears to be config related.  I am running 7.3.0b on 6 switches, I can sign into 4 using jre 8.40.  Going back to 7.x is not an options due to security implications.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.