Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Brocade 24000 NPIV support

Dear all,

Is Brocade 24000 really support NPIV feature? I have Brocade 24000 with FOS v5.3.2c right now

I have read some literature that tells for Bloom ASIC the default configuration for NPIV is disabled. Can we enable it (per-port or per-chassis based)? For production system will it takes downtime to enable the NPIV feature?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Brocade 24000 NPIV support

I could only find portcfgnpivport to enable or disable on a per port basis in and fos6 cheat sheet.

Perhaps running help portcfgnpivport will show you more options (like ranges) or additional command to run.

I don't know if this is disruptive or not. If the help (man page) is not clear on it I would assume it is disruptive until proven it's not by testing.

Valued Contributor

Hi all,

Brocade 24000 supports NPIV. NPIV device as previously said is disabled by default in this switch model and you have to individually enable it in each port with the command Dion mentioned. Executing this command is disruptive, since the port is reset to apply the change.

Rgds,

felipon

Frequent Contributor

if I where you I would certainly opt for a newer switch. The 24000 is no longer supported.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.