Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN [: =: unary operator expected

hi guys

I needed to delete and reset all configuration for a pair of IO SAN Switch -- Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter (44X1926 FRU) -- the thing is I reset the module to default settings as I done it in the past with multiple switch.... it boots OK well or at least looks like

but when loging with admin - user - root  - factory user I get message " [: =: unary operator expected "

something interesting is I see in the login "Switch_Name:ADSmiley Embarassed" instead of user name it says AD normally it should be "Switch_Name:UserName:>"  for example   "Switch_Name:admin:>" also when executing help command I get this, not matter which user I use to to run help command 

help
Error in rbac help. rc = -7
No commands are available to this user.

and last when I run a normal command line switchshow or others I get this

"RBAC permission denied"

GUI won't load it shows this 

http://screencast.com/t/YwdgfRGYA

Cannot load RBACMatrix from switch: Cannot get RBAC Matrix from DAO

no idea whats going on here

any idea guys?

thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN [: =: unary operator expected

It looks like the config contains some Admin Domains (AD) definitions. I didn't have many experience with this so I can't tell you exactly what to do, but I just hope you also have root user access to the switch, and this will help you to clean the AD stuff from the config.
Contributor

Re: Brocade 20-port 8Gb SAN [: =: unary operator expected

thanks a lot

well there was telnet connectivity so looks like the issue was GUI and ssh... I was in a let's say no privileged shs mode on the other hand telnet was working OK

took me some time to know telnet worked as well for this switch Woman LOL

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.