Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
faisal.bargoob

Brocade 1860 connected to VDX6720-24

Hi All,

Basically, I am facing some issue's with link connected to Server DELL 815 and VDX's. I am unable to figure it out whether this is a problem with VDX or Server NIC (which is also have Brocade NIC's) and it is happening all the physical connection connected to VDX. I have posted a question earlier on the forum but no one replied ...

ISSUE:

We have experience serious issues with the core switching to the servers. The servers are running the Brocade 1860 cards and seem to a random time lose layer 2 connectivity. The physical stays up, but just stops passing traffic. It seems as if, as the number of tagged VLANs increases the problem becomes more frequent. It is happening on multiple servers on both VDXs.

Problem is the server connected on the both the VDX's  with 10G ports and server also have Brocade 1860 card installed and are trunk.

This has been observed that in different time that the port stop tagging vlan's over the link and the interface stays up. if we shut down the port either from server to VDX the traffic shift to other second VDX, and everything works fine. But it need a manual intervention to shutdown the port either from the server or from the VDX.

Any help would be highly appreciated.....

Regards

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.