Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Backup restore fabric configuration before changing interopmode

Hi,

We are in a mixed (McData / Brocade environment) in Open Mode. I'd like to change the interop mode to McData mode because in open mode, 70% of the usefull brocade commands (like fcping) are not available.

As changing interopmode will wipe all the configuration, i would like to be able to backup/restore the configuration.

I suppose doing a configupload / change interopmode / configdownload will not work.

Do you know a way to change the interopmode without having to reconfigure all the fabric ?

Best regards

External Moderator

Re: Backup restore fabric configuration before changing interopmode

Teoman, see below. For more details consult the CLI guide.

With other word, if you change the IM, the Zone must be re-config now.

When changing From Brocade Native to McDATA Fabric or McDATA Open Fabric Mode

McDATA Fabric mode only supports a user domain ID range of 1-31 which is added to the

domain offset to get the PID domain range. The domain range for McDATA Open Fabric mode is

97 to 127. The existing preferred configuration must be changed to a value within this range

before the conversion is allowed. If your domain is out of range, the system makes a best

estimate of what the domain should be. For example, if your domain is 0x92, going to McDATA

Fabric mode 2 will end up at domain 2 mask out upper bits. Or, when changing to McDATA

Open Fabric Mode 3, your domain will end up at 0x62 98 decimal. Mask out upper bits, and

add a domain offset of 0x60.

Existing zone configurations, defined and effective, will be erased. The switch assumes the

zone configuration from the fabric it joins or a new configuration must be configured.

When changing from McDATA Fabric or McDATA Open Fabric Mode to Brocade Native Mode:

Existing zone configurations, defined and effective, are erased. The switch assumes the zone

The system reboots and the configuration is lost.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.