01-10-2011 07:14 AM
Good afternoon and happy new year,
I am at the moment building a backbone fabric. To ensure I am not totally wrong, I am trying to get the following numbers :
- Maximum number of routers per backbone fabric
- Maximum number of switches per edge fabric
- Maximum number of exported devices per edge fabric / per backbone fabric
- Maximum number of imported devices per edge fabric / per backbone fabric
- Maximum number of zones per edge fabric
- Maximum number of edge fabrics per router
- Maximum number of routers per edge fabric
The edge fabrics will be made of Brocade 48000 & DXC switches.
Backbone Fabric will be made of Brocade 7500 or Brocade 5100
All equipments (edge or backbone) will be running Fos >= 6.3
Any help more than welcome !
Thanks a lot,
01-10-2011 07:28 AM
you'll find many information on Brocade Matrix :
See example on this adress http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/matrices/Brocade_Scalability_Guidelines_100208.pdf
If you have an OEM Brocade Product, you must download OEM matrix from the oem provider (hp, hds, emc...) because Brocade can support x Switch in a fabric but oem provider will support less x switch.