Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

BNA 11.1.3 zoning doesn't show attached F-ports on DCX at FOS 6.4.1a, only displays E-ports (ISls).

BNA 11.1.3 monitoring two Fabrics (amongst others), based on a pair of Brocade DCXs at 6.4.1a.

Wishing to use BNA zoning tab to view attached F-port alisases on each DCX.....one fabric DXC displays both F-ports and E-ports but other only shows the E-ports.

Any thoughts please - ?  Is this swtichbased rather than BNA related ......logging on to DCX in question the "swtichshow" output displays F-ports and E-ports as expected.

Occasional Contributor

Re: BNA 11.1.3 zoning doesn't show attached F-ports on DCX at FOS 6.4.1a, only displays E-ports (ISls).

I'm replying to my own question, at  least to update that this also manifests as a disrepancy in the output of "nsallshow" on

the principal  and subordinate switch, i.e the 48k   and DCX  respectively.

397 Nx_Ports in the Fabric }
DCX:admin>

253 Nx_Ports in the Fabric }

How does one remedy this discrepancy on the same fabric ?

Occasional Contributor

Re: BNA 11.1.3 zoning doesn't show attached F-ports on DCX at FOS 6.4.1a, only displays E-ports (ISls).

CORRECTION - correct switchnames now

I'm replying to my own question, at  least to update that this also manifests as a disrepancy in the output of "nsallshow" on

the principal  and subordinate switch, i.e the 48k   and DCX  respectively.

397 Nx_Ports in the Fabric }

253 Nx_Ports in the Fabric }
48k:admin>

How does one remedy this discrepancy on the same fabric ?

Regular Contributor

More of a forum help post than helping you with an answer but;

In each upper righthand corner of each post you'll find and options menu which allows you to edit your own posts.

Occasional Contributor

thanks for that dion re. the housekeeping...... any ideas on the ns issue ?

we've attempted demoting / promoting fabricprincipal without success..... next up is a reboot -f on the 48k that shows the lower ns entries.

Question is can i resignal the ns daemon - logged in a root - ie

# kill -HUP <pid nsd> ... or restart ns in some other way without precipitating a failover or panic .

I've searched but can't find any advise on restarting ns... other than via a reboot.

john

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.