Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Array and Host Compatibility with Brocade FABOS

Hello,

I am planning to upgrade Brocade 5300 switch firmware to latest version.

Referred to ""brocade-fos-target-path.pdf"

I went throught "brocade-compatibility-matrix-fos-7x-mx.pdf", but not able to find complete list of EMC ARRAY and CISCO Hosts supported by FABOS 7.x

Below are currently connected connected and working ok with Brocade 5300;

1) VNX 8000 (Unified & Block)

2) Cisco UCS

Please suggest.

External Moderator

Re: Array and Host Compatibility with Brocade FABOS

if the UCS is alredy work correct, then you have the correct settings made on specific port.

You have to do nothing!

"portcfgshow" command, can you see how the port is configured. on Condor2 ASIC Plattforms, the Fillword must be set to 2 in order to work with UCS

Brocade 5300 is based on GoldenEye ASIC, I'm not sure here what settings must be made for.

as sayed, portcfgshow give the current output how the port is configured

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

prtcfgshow shows all Ports have "Fill Word" value 3

External Moderator

the port in question, is the port where is connected the Cisco NX Switches ?

value 3 is a bit supect to me, because Brocade Certified and Supported such a config with Fillword at Value 2

However you have to keep in mind, this Info regard to Condor2 ASIC, and to be honest I'm not sure if GE ASIC required other settings, neither is a DOC know to me that descripted such a config.

I would leave the value at 3, and then chack later after FOS upgrade if all work fine.

for you convenience, I would suggest to upgrade a Release at a time am made a couple of day a Test if all work, then proceed with next Release and so on....

TechHelp24
Valued Contributor

You'd better clarify compatibility in your environment with the help of EMC e-lab interoperability navigator.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.