Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

All switches Have Blank Config

[ Edited ]

I hope someone can help shed some light on this  one.

Is there a limit to the number of switches that can be in a Fabric ?

I had 6 switches to connected together 1234 could all see each other 5 was segmented and 6 could see nothing.

they all had their domain ID's set prior to being connected so switch 1 had domain ID 1 ( principle Switch ) and then the others were sorbordinates, But switch five was showing as being the principle switch even though it had domain ID 5 & was segmented,

Is my understanding correct that the lower the Domain ID the higher priority ? or is it done on WWN number ?

I'm just trying to understand the process that the switch goes through in deciding which switch is the principle.

I disabled switch 5 cleared the config and loaded the default config then saved it, which I have done before, the restarted the switch, thats when it all went wrong, and all 5 switches now had no config. and the network was down,

Anyway as a result the brocade switches have been split into  2 fabrics with 3 switches in each connected via the ISL.

so FAB A has 3 switches with domain ID's 1/2/5 and switch 1 with domain ID 1 is the principle switch.

FAB B also has 3 switches with Domain ID's 3/4/6 and switch 4 domain ID 4 is the principle switch

I want to to change the domain id's in each fabric to 1/2/3 with domain ID 1 in each fabric being the principle switch without loosing my configs again, I have the bonus this time of have daved the configs for each switch.

I did a supportsave to get all the logs after the outage and now want to try and review they, which program is best to use to try and review the contents ?

Thanks for looking and any help/advice

Brocadian

Re: WTF: Where has the config gone

Let me get this straight...  Are you saying that all these Brocade FC switches are daisy chained together in one long serial chain?

1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 5 --> 6

Contributor

Re: WTF: Where has the config gone

Spoiler
Yes so one big fabric, well not any more

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.