07-21-2015 11:24 PM
We have two SAN switches (Brocade SAN Switches) on which we had firmware upgrade activity. for refrecne below is the chronology for firmware upgrade
1. We have firmware upgrade done on 1st SAN switch and took reboot
2. When one swicth came up then We moved to upgrade 2nd SAN switch and took reboot
3. Later we observe on 2-3 servers LUNs was disappear which was available before firmware upgrade activity of SAN switches
4 we took reboot of server and LUNs was again visible on the server.
5. We checked for Multipath and it is available on server. We checked for MPIO configuration on server and it is configured as Microsoft MPIO.
6. Even Tape library which was configured on one server got disconnected.
from SAN Switch level is Multipath / Round Robin is configured.
So want to know whether still we required to reboot the Windows Host to get the LUNs visible
in cluster environment ?
Thanks & regards,
08-06-2015 11:21 PM
Did you upgrade via a 7.2.x release ?? If not than the upgrades are disruptive and you may have observed the issue you describe here. Only one step upgrades are supported for non disruptive moves between FOS code levels.