06-24-2013 11:24 AM
I'm looking for a document that describes the procedure of:
1. Replacment a Brocade switch in a fabric
2. Adding a Brocade to a fabric.
Do you know where can I get these documents ?
I have a pretty old document - "Building and Scaling Brocade SAN Fabrics - Version 2.6"
As I know - the procedure is:
Before connecting the new brocade:
1. Make sure the version are the same (or lower) than the switch in the fabric.
2. Make sure the domain ID on the new switch is higer than the IDs in the Fabric
3. Make sure to clear any configuration on the new brocade.
4. Make sure there are Fabric license on the same switch
During the connection of the new switch to the fabric:
1. Turn the new switch off
2. Connect it to the switch in the fabric.
Please correct me if I wrong somewhere
06-24-2013 11:55 PM
for adding a switch:
1.) Regarding the FOS-Version: Please check the compability matrix from your OEM-Provider which FOS Version he supports for the new switch.
2.) Then configure a Domain ID in the new switch which is not present in your Fabric.
3.) Remove the Zoning DB from the new switch (cfgdisable,cfgclear,cfgsave)
4.) If you are lower then FOS 7, configure the default zone to allaccess. If you are FOS 7, configure default zoning to the same as in your fabric.
5.) Connect the switch to your fabric. There will be then a build fabric.
For replacing a switch, perform configupload from the old one and then configdownload to the new one.
Both must have the same FOS Version.
Replace the switch.