Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

[Adding NEW switch into current Fabric]Could anyone please help to verify my action plan?

Dear Gurus,

IHAC planning to extend their existing Fabric with SW300(FOS version 6.4.2b) .

Current Fabric including 2 switches(SW3250 & SW200E), the current running FOS on these 2 switches is v5.0.1b(will upgrade to v5.3.2c before connecting to SW300).

There are zoning configuration on current fabric and the new SW300. Attached are the configuration file and supportshow output for your reference.

Would you please help me to verify if I can just connect the SW300 into current fabric?

1. Upgrade 3250&200E FOS to v5.3.2c.

2. Connect SW300 into current fabric.      <<<< Need your help for more detail steps before adding into fabric.

3. Config new zone with port in different switches.

Does anyone have guideline/checklist for this kind solution?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

David

Occasional Contributor

Re: [Adding NEW switch into current Fabric]Could anyone please help to verify my action plan?

Hi Expert,

Does anyone could help me out of this case?

Thanks a lot!

David

External Moderator

Re: [Adding NEW switch into current Fabric]Could anyone please help to verify my action plan?

--->>> Would you please help me to verify if I can just connect the SW300 into current fabric?

--->>> 3. Config new zone with port in different switches.

You shold Connect/ISL the NEW 300 Switch in the Fabric without any config.

The working Fabric merge the Config into a new switch, and you can later add NEW Zone/Alias.

My suggest, if the Brocade 300 is not productive, disconnect the ISL, delete all Config from 300, and connect now.

This is a simple way

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi  TechHelp24,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion. I'll follow you advice for the SAN fabric setting up.

Could you please refer some documents to me?

Thanks a lot!

David

External Moderator

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.