Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Add new san switch to Fabric Brocade

Hi,

my san server farm is composed of n.02 Fabric 6510 (A-B) Principal Role and n. 08 switch 300 as subordinate role.

n.04 brocade 300 on 6510_A and n.04 brocade 300 on 6510_B whit ISL port (n. 02 ports per switch).

I need to add another n. 02 brocade 300 switches as subordinate on Fabric, n.01 switch on 6510_A and n.02 switch on 6510_B whit ISL.

How can I proceed?

Proceed with the basic configuration, switchname, ipaddrset, dnsconfig, tsclockserver, same domain_id, connect to 6510.

For the configuration as subordinate?

Is the procedure correct?

Thanks for the support.

External Moderator

Re: Add new san switch to Fabric Brocade

@IT_CNB

--->>>Proceed with the basic configuration, switchname, ipaddrset, dnsconfig, tsclockserver, same domain_id, connect to 6510.

be aware, each switch in the "same" Fabric must have a unique DID, and not the same.

->For the configuration as subordinate?

from command line issue the command

"fabricprincipal 0"

for more details refer the Command Reference Guide.

...I'm not a friend of "fabricprincipal" command

TechHelp24
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Antonio,

thanks for the support.

By the same "domain id" i meant to assign a new "domain_id" to the new switches 300 different from others switch and fabric, also for ISL configuration to 6510.

Once configured as subordinate, does the configuration take it automatically from 6510? Alias, Zoning, etc...

Let me know
Thanks

External Moderator

"same and new" is not the same.

->Once configured as subordinate, does the configuration take it automatically from 6510? Alias, Zoning, etc...

yes, as soon the switch ISL - join the fabric the config is replicated in the new switch itself, an dyou should see the switch in the Fabric when isssue "fabricshow" command.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hi Antonio,

ok.

No specific commands are required for ISL configuration on 6510.
With the same "domain_id" on new 300 the switch 6510 configures isl automatically, is it correct?

Thanks

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

the Principal switch is able to change a DID when a duplicate is detected however this is influenced by some factors if it is changed or the ISL is segmented. Insistent DID, etc..

Best Practice is to manually assign different DID in the fabric.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
New Contributor

Thanks for the support

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.