Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor
seenivasan.p

ASIC MAPPING Needed For DC04 SAN DIRECTOR

Hi Folks,

Please share the link or Details for DC04 Director Switch ASIC Mapping. want to add 8/48 blades into the director.

Regards

Seenivasan P

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Re: ASIC MAPPING Needed For DC04 SAN DIRECTOR

Greetings seenivasan.p,

If you refer to the following white paper found at http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/white_papers/Brocade_DCX_Architecture_WP-01.pdf and go to page 10, you will see a breakdown of the ASIC layout for the FC8-48 blade and the specific ports they govern.  Please feel free to write back with any questions you may have.

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Hi seenivasan.p.  Please let me know if the provided information was the correct answer to your question.  If not, please let me know what else you need and I'll look into it right away.  If this was the correct answer, could you please mark it as such so I know not to keep checking back on this one?  Either way, have a great day. 

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Additionally, I'm thinking of putting this together for all the SAN switches and blades.  So stay tuned...

Contributor
seenivasan.p

Hi Meversol,

Sorry for Delay Response.I gone through the above shared link.However i did not see the port numbers of the Blade.

Also wanted to know DC04 is coming under DCX family?

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Sorry about that seenivasan.p.  I shared the wrong guide.  When I'm back at my desk tomorrow morning I'll get you what you need.  If you need this right away, if memory serves, the DCX Hardware Reference Guide, has the individual blade/port info and you can start there in the mean time.

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Sorry for the delay seenivasan.p.  I came across this particular format and really liked it.  This one is for the FC8-64 blade.  I'm trying to get the others blade and as soon as i do, i'll post them.

portmap-8-64.jpg

Contributor
seenivasan.p

Hi Meversol,

It's really very interesting.Please share the remaing details also that would be help me alot.

Community Manager
Mike Eversole

Sorry for the delay.  Unfortunately, the image style i wanted to post doesn't exist for the other blades, so I'll have to make them.  Until then here is your requested FC8-48 port mapping.  Its not as clean in IMHO, but still works until I get them done.

FC8-48.png

Ports 0 – 7, 24 – 39, and ports 8 – 23, 40 – 47 make up two Local Switching groups, each with 24 x 8 Gbit/sec external ports, and 128 Gbit/sec Brocade DCX or 32 Gbit/sec Brocade 48000 internal bandwidth.

Contributor
seenivasan.p

Hi Meversol,

Thanks for the information.

However am having some queries on my mind.So if you are able to clarify that it would be very help me alot.

Query is Below:

===========

Here my current setup is having groups of hosts which would be connected through storage.

Example:

1.Grp1-->Data Base Server 1--APP1,APP2

2.Grp2-->Data Base Server2 --> APP3,APP4

3.Grp3-->Data Base Server 3 --> APP5,APP6

As above mentioned example Each group will having one data base server and it's pointed with two application server. All these are connected through san with same one storage.

If i want to achive faster peformance and with less latencey what would be the best practice to design the Port Mapping.

Also please help me to understand about the CP blade role here & how it will function to achive faster Performance.

Also wanted to know how the communication will happen from ASIC condor to CP Blade. What are the things we need to keep in mind to achive the faster performance.

Regards,

Seenivasan

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.