Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

AN_DEBUG.txt.ss

Hi All!

Is it possible to decode the AN_DEBUG.txt.ss file to show the framelog output?

Thanks in advance!

Brocade Moderator

Re: AN_DEBUG.txt.ss

Hi,

you would have to turn to Brocade or to the OEM/Partner who sold the switch, and open a support case to have file the decoded.

kind regards,

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Hi Martin!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know that Brocade can decode this file but I don't fully udnerstand any reason why it need to be encoded. If I understand right, the content of AN_DEBUG.txt is the output of commands that the customer can execute by yourself and see the not encoded output.

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

when I briefly checked one FOS 7.4 decoded *.AN_DEBUG.txt file from a  FOS7.4, it only contains the framelog output and output for command for Bottleneckmon Detection (BD). I can speculate that the original motivation to encode the file was that the BD debugging information was included (but that do not apply to FOS 7.4 where FPI is active).

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.