Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

7800 TPERF - Waits on Both Ends?

I have a pair of 7800s, each in a different city, connected via 500Mbit WAN. All 4 GE ports are in the same subnet which spans the two sites. GE0 and GE1 are in different segments of this subnet. I am able to ping from GE0 to GE0 through the WAN, and have successfully created a tunnel on GE0, with both 7800s merging into one fabric across the link. When I try to run tperf tests, I set the tperf flag to on for both sides, and start the sink side. The message I get in return is that tperf successfully started, waiting for source to start. I then start the source side and get the message stating successfully started, waiting for the sink to start. Both sides sit waiting on each other. When I then cancel the source side, the sink side generates the low-medium-high traffic messages that normally begin a tperf session, it then waits a few seconds then gets a timeout.

When I turn off the tperf flag on both sides, the fabric merges again and the tunnel remains online. I am able to ping GE0 to GE0. Running FOS 6.4.1a on both sides. There is a firewall between the sites - I would think that if the fabrics merge, then tperf should be able to get through as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tedd

New Contributor

Re: 7800 TPERF - Waits on Both Ends?

I learned that in 6.4.1a, tperf requires the -size parameter to be used. Once I started tperf with -size 1500, it started up as expected.

Tedd

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.