Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

7800 FCIP can´t communicate through second Ge port. Disabling a Ge port only fix the issue.

Hi,

I configured Two Ge ports ( ge0 & ge1 ) in optical mode. VE port used.Initially when I configured both ge0 & ge1 interfaces , can´t communicate with the remote ge1 & ge0 interfaces. When I removed 2nd interface configuration, communication started with single port. Now I want to make the 2nd port to communicate as well. Any help appreciated. Installed FOS version is v7.4.1c.

With Regards,

Felix

Brocade Moderator

Re: 7800 FCIP can´t communicate through second Ge port. Disabling a Ge port only fix the issue.

Hi Felix,

Setting up a single circuit on ge0 has worked and formed a tunnel with ge0 on the remote switch.

To configure a second circuit using ge1 to the same VE and tunnel, requires Advanced Extension license.

could this be the issue?

So without the AE license, I believe your new ge1 circuit needs to configured for a second VE port.

kind regards

Rick

Contributor

Re: 7800 FCIP can´t communicate through second Ge port. Disabling a Ge port only fix the issue.

Hi Rick,

I have Advanced Extension License Installed.

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Hi Felix,

Ok – so with the license you should be able to form a 2 circuit tunnel, we need to look at how it is being configured.

Can you set up the interface and route on ge1 as a separate working tunnel?

There are a lot of variables where there could be a configuration problem depending on your environment.

For example if both ends of the tunnel are in the same subnet, then you don’t need to configure a route, but if they are crossing subnets, then each additional circuit being configured to join the existing tunnel must have a different subnet to the one configured on ge0.

It may help to see all the commands and steps used to setup the working circuit and all the commands for the circuit that you are not able to add.

kind regards

Rick

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.