Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

problem pinging device through switch from some networks

[ Edited ]

I am wondering if someone could help me with a strange problem I am having. I am unable to ping a device from workstations on a specific VLAN.

We have a basic configuration with a central router (192.168.0.1)
Port 19 has a switch on it (192.168.1.60)

I have several devices hanging off the switch including 2 windows servers and my barracuda device:
Port 39 (Gandalf 10.36.0.27)
Port 40 (Barracuda450 10.36.0.22)
Port 41 (Samwise 10.36.0.22)

When I am on any other VLAN, I can ping all 3 succesfully.
When I am on VLAN150 I can ping the 2 servers but not the Barracuda. I've tried on several different workstations through several different switches attached to several different ports on the router.

I've attached the router and switch configs. I don't see anything unusual. You can see VLAN 36 is tagged on port 19 of the router and untagged on ports 39-41 on the switch. So they should all work or not work.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this might be or how I would resolve this?

Mark

Brocade Moderator

Re: problem pinging device through switch from some networks

Hi,

What is the device type? Router and switch.....

Do you need help from TAC? I think TAC will provide the more accurate help for this problem.

Brocade Moderator

Hello Mark,

If the Barracuda is the only thing that you cannot ping then it doesn't look like a routing problem on the ICX6650.

So I would then look at whether the Barracuda has route entries for all the subnets you are trying to get to.

Also check to see whether there is any ACL that could be blocking access.  There aren't any ACLs on the ICX6650, nor on the switch.

Can you ping from the Barracuda to the VE150 interface on the router (10.150.0.1) ?

Regards

Steve

New Contributor

thanks - I will contact them and see what kind of networking they do in it. I couldn't think of anything in the 6650 that would cause this.

Mark

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.