Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

connecting two switches via fiber link

I have one ICX6430 on end of my office connected via fiber uplink to a second 6430 on the other side of office ( in server room) data is moving correctly. When I remove the fiber uplink and place the fiber into a ICX 6450 ( also in server room) switch I lose connection. I am failry new to brocade switches to apologize if I don not provide enough information

a second note, if the both 6430' are connect via the fiber  and the 6450 is connect to the 6430 located in server room via a patch cable. All is good. Its when I eliminate the the second 6430 ( server room) and plug fiber direclty into 6450 ( server room) is the data then lost.

Thank you

Hpurdy

Occasional Contributor

Re: connecting two switches via fiber link

Can you post some configurations?  It's possible that 2nd switch you are moving the fiber connect to is not properly configured.

Are you moving the SFP or using a different SFP?

External Moderator

Hi hpurdy,

I'm not a big expert with ICX Based switch, and if I'm wrong, please IGNORE this my post.

AFAIK, in order to uplink some ICX Switch Model a optional Port License is required.

I would suggest to check if you have all required License installed.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

is there a command I can use to determine if I am properly licensed?

New Contributor

using same SPF.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.