Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

brocade mlx version upgrade to 5.8

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I would  like to know the software release date 5.8 for Brocade MLX  and when can it be put in production devices.

A link related to version 5.8 will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Narendra Maurya 

External Moderator

Re: brocade mlx version upgrade to 5.8

@Narenml

I have moved you post from Management Software to correct Forum Ethernet and Router.

download is available here in MyBrocade with a valid maintenance contract.

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

5.8 has been available since March this year

5.8 is not Target Path (recommened release) yet

Current Target Path for MLX is 5.6.00fb

New Contributor

Thanks Benjamin for replying.  I believe version 5.8 was released in March 2015 not in 2016.  Considering if it was released in March 2016, i would like to know why it is not recommened yet even after 9 months of release.  What if I update it with 5.8 version since the release document never says not recommended?

Regards,

Narendra Maurya

Contributor

Check out the target path selection guide for MLX:

https://www.brocade.com/content/dam/common/documents/content-types/target-path-selection-guide/brocade-ni-target-path.pdf

There is a pretty decent explanation for the target path releases and  software versioning rules.

If you need certain features or support for the latest hardware, running out of the target path may be necessary.  But if you are more conservative like me, you may want stay behind and safe on target path 5.6.  

Regards
Jörg Kost

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.