Ethernet Switches & Routers

Regular Visitor

Windows Server 2012R2 Radius Authentication with ICX 6450 Switch

On the Windows network policy server I setup the radius client to the ICX 6450 switch.  Then I made a network policies granting access and the type of network access server left unspecified. On the condition tab I have it set to a windows group. Then on the constraints tab I try to setup encrypted authentication method but the access is rejected.  If you got this working let me know? I need to have encrypted authentication method setup.

Also on the settings tab I have nothing setup for standard and on vendor specific attributes. I have vendor code 1991, vendor assigned attribute number 1, format decimal, and attribute value 0.

On the ICX 6450 I have the following setup.

aaa authentication login default radius local

aaa authorization commands 0 default radius

Radius-server host   (Ip address)

Radius-server key (Key)

Frequent Visitor

Re: Windows Server 2012R2 Radius Authentication with ICX 6450 Switch

DId you get this working?  I've got it setup for the CISCO's in our network but haven't been able to get the Brocades working yet.

Contributor

Re: Windows Server 2012R2 Radius Authentication with ICX 6450 Switch

Please use the below RADIUS configuration on ICX switches.

Note: where Brocade profile is not available on radius server use "FOUNDRY" for ICX switches.

aaa authentication enable default radius local
aaa authentication enable implicit-user
aaa authentication login default radius local

radius-server host <Radius server ip address>
radius-server key <secure key>
radius-server timeout 5

Recommendation: Keep some duplicate sessions open while performaing this configuration, or you might lose the access to the switch.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.