Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

What is "Index for the FastIron 08.0.20 Library Configuration Guide Collection"

In the downloads of the fastiron zip file I found "Index for the FastIron 08.0.20 Library Configuration Guide Collection"

it has some idx, log, and pdx file. What is this and is it useful?

Occasional Contributor

Re: What is "Index for the FastIron 08.0.20 Library Configuration Guide Collection"

It is an indexed search system to search within all of the .pdf documents. Here is the beginning text from the README file included with the MultiService Ironware zip file:

A .zip file containing software documents has been provided with this release. The documents have been prepared with an indexing function to allow you to search for terms in all the PDF files contained in the .zip file.

1. Unzip the.zip file by right-clicking the file and select Open, then click Extract.
Extract the entire contents of the zip file to your local drive.

You must keep the files in their original folder structure or the index will break. Do not remove or rename any of the files in the unzipped folder.

2. Double click the file with the .pdx extension (for example, index.pdx) to launch it.

Contributor

Re: What is "Index for the FastIron 08.0.20 Library Configuration Guide Collection"

What app do you use to open the pdx file?

Occasional Contributor

The file type shows as "Adobe Acrobat Catalog Index". We have the full version of Acrobat where I work (the file association is Adobe Acrobat XI), so I'm not sure if Adobe Reader will be enough to open it, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.