Ethernet Switches & Routers

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

What command will show me the serial numbers for a bad RPS that's installed on switch?.

I have a FCX-48GS POE 48-port that has a bad power supply out on the network. When typing "show chassis" I see that RPS#1 is good but RPS#2 is showing as failed, with an Amber light in the front of the switch and two green lights in the back for DC and AC. From what I've read online I need to RMA that RPS back to Brocade. I know on a Cisco device if I do a " show Invetory ", it will display the serial number for those RPS. Is there something similiar for Brocade?. 

Brocade Moderator

Re: What command will show me the serial numbers for a bad RPS that's installed on switch?.

Hello,

There isn't a command to show the PS Serial Number for this platform, unfortunately.

There should be a label with the SN on the PS when you take it out.

Regards,

Os 

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .
New Contributor

Re: What command will show me the serial numbers for a bad RPS that's installed on switch?.

Osama, thank you for taking the time to respond. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.