Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor
amanzoor

Trunk or Link aggregation on Brocade ICX-6450

Hi there,

I would like to have group of ethernet 2 ports on my physical Esxi server to be working as a group of ports, I have already configured my Esxi host and selected 'the switch, NIC teaming option' with 'Route based on IP hash' and its put all 2 NICs on ESXi server as a team of NICs.  On my Brocade ICX does not matter if I make a 'trunk or link aggretation' the ESxi server is not happy with it.

I have offered:

brocadeICX-6450#trunk ethernet 1/1/23 to 1/1/24

brocadeICX-6450#wr mem

brocadeICX-6450#deploy trunk

It makes the trunk but the vcenter server disconnects me.  Shows a cross over the NIC teaming.  So i have to remove the trunk from these 2 ports

Then I put the link-aggregation as:

Brocade#interface ethernet 1/1/23 to 1/1/24

Brocade#link-aggregate off

Brocade#link-aggregate configure key 10000

Brocadelink-aggregate active

still the vcenter shows a cross sign over the NIC

I think I am missing something?  Help plz

Occasional Contributor
sknobloc

Re: Trunk or Link aggregation on Brocade ICX-6450

Hi amanzoor,

your first approach was the right one with these settings:

- 'Route based on IP hash'

and

brocadeICX-6450#trunk ethernet 1/1/23 to 1/1/24

brocadeICX-6450#wr mem

brocadeICX-6450#trunk deploy (make sure you use trunk deploy instead of deploy trunk)

Set the vm portgroup of the vswitch to inherit the load balance policy 'Route based on IP hash'.

Does that work now?

Regards,

Stefan

New Contributor
amanzoor

Re: Trunk or Link aggregation on Brocade ICX-6450

Stefan,

Really appreciate your response.  I think I had a typo in the last command but I am sure the commands were correct.

Thanks.  How and where do I do this?

"""Set the vm portgroup of the vswitch to inherit the load balance policy 'Route based on IP hash""? steps would be helpful

-In my config I have teamed up about 3 physical NICs in the vcenter server and connected directly to the Brocade ICX-6450.

Regards

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.