Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Switch config deleted

I have unfortunetly, whilst configuring an FCX624S managed to delete the startup-config, and both primary and secondary versions of the running-config.

Once the switch rebooted, it simply ran the fans at full speed and of course never actually booted again.

I do have current backups of both start and running config.

Can anyone help me?

New Contributor

Re: Switch config deleted

You can try the procedures at http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/software-upgrade-guide/fastiron-08010a-upgradeguide/GUID-DA75FD7E-A8D4-4B12-AA56-09C61D326F5F.html

This walks you through using the boot monitor to boot from a TFTP server.

You will need a primary or secondary image on a TFTP server for this work.  If you have a product registered with Brocade through their My Brocade portal, you can download the appropriate firmware.

Good luck!

New Contributor

This unfortunetly does not work.

If I connect the router via Putty, press b on bootup it goes to a prompt named Monitor>

This prompt does not recognise any command I type in to it, for example when typing printenv (and any other commands) the error message it comes up with is 'Not found in command table, 'printenv'

If I start up the switch and do not press b, it goes to the same unuseable prompt.

External Moderator

you have to have a established connection trough the Console / Serial Port.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Yes, I am using the serial port.

External Moderator

when you tried to simple connect / login trough the serial console, what happened ?

can you please post screen-shot ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Sorry, the landing page for the link I gave you didn't take you directly to the section for FCX devices.  This link will take you there http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/software-upgrade-guide/fastiron-08010a-upgradeguide/GUID-6FB9B8D1-675E-4B0A-BB4E-EF7E8A07E212.html

Also, when you type ? in monitor mode, what responses to you get?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.