Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Stacking 6610

HIi,

I have a switch 6610 configured on the network and want to stack with a second switch 6610  that is not configured.
I can add that second switch without losing any configuration of the first?

Brocade Moderator

Re: Stacking 6610

[ Edited ]

Hi Rafael,

What you are after here is automatic stack configuration. With this method, you enter all configuration information, including the module type and the priorities of all members into the unit you decide will be the active controller and set its priority to be the highest.

When you enable stacking on the active controller, the stack then forms automatically. This method requires that you start with clean units (except for the active controller) that do not contain startup or running configurations, which is already the case with your second 6610.

You may refer to the links below for further information

1) Three-member traditional stack using secure setup

http://www1.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/FI_08020a_STACKING/GUID-CB3BD5CD-6C1A-4490-B9B9-3A9C7C4ED95F.html

2) Configuring a three-member traditional stack using secure setup

http://www1.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/FI_08020a_STACKING/GUID-E12FD905-C1AE-4ABA-84C9-A37718B5FE56.html?scroll=GUID-E12FD905-C1AE-4ABA-84C9-A37718B5FE56__GUID-65518700-FF8D-437F-AB4B-BD3B0824A15D

Hope this helps addressing your concerns.

Regards,

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.