Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

Spanning Tree Question on the Show command

I am looking for spanning tree commands.  On cisco there is a command called "Show Spanning-Tree Summary" very helpful command.

So far on Brocade I am only able to find:

"Show span"

"show span detail"

is this all my options under brocade?

External Moderator

Re: Spanning Tree Question on the Show command

Froma Command Reference Guide, here some example

show span path session
show spanning-tree brief
show spanning-tree interface port-channel 101
show spanning-tree mst brief

and much more.

for details refer the same

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks is there a web link to that reference guide?  i think I may have came across that in the past but this time my search for spanning tree did not pull up very many links for brocade.

External Moderator

manuals are available for download here in MyBrocade

if you no have access, tell me the NOS Release I'll upload what you need.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Antonio,

I partly created this post and account so I could start making use of this web site and learn it.  I figured it would come in handy in the future as I have used forums in the past for Power Shell and other help topics and it can be an invaluable tool depending on the traffic.  Its good to know that you guys try to watch the post here.

I am System Administrator from the global  server side who is being given responsibility on the network side for our company.  I recently passed my Brocade Certified Network Engineer and I am working on my CCNA now and after that my CCNP.   As you know however, certs is just learning the basics and opening doors so that one can work with live equiptment and there is no replacment for experience.  So I will be a baby in this area for a bit as I make the transition.

I will look through the website for our particular NOS, I did not know that this site had downloads for that. if I am unable to find the site portion I will let you know.

Thanks for replying.

Occasional Contributor

I did find the following resource areas for the switches we have deployed with is the ICX 6450 for our access switches and 6610 for our core switches.

Would this be the area you was speaking about?

http://www.brocade.com/en/products-services/switches/campus-network-switches/icx-6610-switch.html#

-----------------------------------------

http://www.brocade.com/en/products-services/switches/campus-network-switches/icx-6430-and-6450-switches.html#

Frequent Contributor

The area he is refering to is under the downloads section of MyBrocade, select Ethernet Switches in the drop down, then the model and version of code you are interested in.

External Moderator

Brian,

as you don't specified the Switch Type in you first question, I assume you ask for VDX Series Swicthes.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Oh sorry, these where ICX 6610 and ICX 6450.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.