Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Spanning-Tree Problem between VDX and ICX

I have a problem to get Spanning-Tree (PVST or RPVST, not single) running between a VDX6740 and a ICX 7750 switch. For testing I made the setup as easy as possible. The two devices are connected directly with one 1 Gbit port, which is trunked/tagged with one vlan (vlan 322). Native Vlan is Vlan 1.

The problem is, that for vlan 322 both switches are sending BPDUs but don’t receive any. They are getting blocked. For Vlan 1 BPDUs are exchanged without problems, no blocking there.

The setup looks like this:

VDX

protocol spanning-tree rpvst

vlan 1 priority 8192

vlan 322 priority 8192

interface TenGigabitEthernet 1/0/41

speed 1000

mtu 9216

no fabric isl enable

no fabric trunk enable

switchport

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 322

no switchport trunk tag native-vlan

no spanning-tree shutdown

no shutdown

ICX

global-stp

jumbo

vlan 322 name XY by port

tagged ethe 1/1/2

router-interface ve 322

spanning-tree 802-1w

interface ethernet 1/1/2

dual-mode

speed-duplex 1000-full

spanning-tree 802-1w admin-pt2pt-mac

Do you have any idea, why Spanning Tree BPDUs are not received for VLAN 322 on the other side?

I tested the same with „normal“ STP / PVSTP and get exactly the same behavior. Also when i connect a Cisco Access-Layer-Switch to the ICX with the same setup it works fine for all Vlans.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Contributor

Re: Spanning-Tree Problem between VDX and ICX

hello,

You should stop using this community and use YAMMER instead where a broader audience will potentially be able to answer your query .

As for the below I think you must add the "spanning-tree bpdu-mac 0100.0ccc.cccd" command on your VDX interface .

Rgds

Da

New Contributor

Re: Spanning-Tree Problem between VDX and ICX

As far as I understand this command is necessary to be Cisco-compliant, so I didn't try this one. But it works like a charm now!

Thank you!!!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.