Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Some of my cisco 1142's connected to icx6610 just decided to stop working.

I have tried switching ports with other APs that are still working, and noticed that the APs that work, they work fine including in the ports that the drop APs don't work.

I also noticed that the drop APs don't work even in the ports that I have working APs.

This has start happening 3 days ago.

It is happening in 2 icx6610 switches.

I have 5 APs that have been working for over a year and now I can't get them to work.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Some of my cisco 1142's connected to icx6610 just decided to stop working.

Hi rodriguezg@pbso.org,

If I am reading your post correctly, you have switched ports with working and non-working AP's. The working AP's continue to work in any port and the non-working AP's do not work in any ports. Is that correct?

If so, it sounds like there could be a problem with the AP. Have you tried reseting it back to default and see if you can reconfigure?

Dennis Smith
Manager Brocade Communities
@DennisMSmith
New Contributor

Dennis:

Thank you for the reply.

I connected one of the 5 APs to a different Brocade switch and to a Cisco switch.

In both instances the AP come up alive no issues.

I then connected back to the Brocade switch that the AP was taken off, and this time the AP is not working still.

This is a weird issue.

As well as the issue that I loose some ports at random in different Brocade switches and the only way to bring them up is by rebooting the switch.  Even though I have tried several software revisions in the switches.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Other wise I would have to reboot these 2 switches.

Regards

Gustavo Rodriguez

Frequent Contributor

We have had similar issues going to 7.6 code, the think that seems to work for us is making sure LLDP is enabled globally on the switch, then bouncing the port. Our exprience is that the AP is up and responsive on the network, but the radios will not turn on. Doing the fix above allows the radios to come online.

Cisco did something with 7.6 code that changed power behavior, when it is able to talk LLDP to the switch it seems to be better.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.