Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor
matthew.burton

SolarWinds monitoring

Hi all,

I am having issues trying to add our ICX6430's to SolarWinds.

I have contacted SolarWinds support and after some packet capturing they reported back to me:

There has been an update, the issue why this device is cannot be added is because the device is not reporting back the sysobjectID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.

hence a device issue, You will need to show the vendor the mib walk and let them know this entry is missing.

Does anyone know of any SolarWinds compatibility issues or is this a switch config issue?

Thanks for any input.

Super Contributor
mschipp

Re: SolarWinds monitoring

Hi Matt,

I had a look at an ICS6430 and also can not see that OID.  I did a test with snmpwalk and that was not reported. I suggest you contact the Brocade TAC about this.

It may be a case of loading the Brocade MIB into Solarwinds but the TAC should should be able to tell what you need to do.

Thanks

Michael.

New Contributor
matthew.burton

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I have opened a case with Brocade support.

Matt.

Super Contributor
mschipp

Hi Matt,

Please post the outcome for everybody to learn mate.

Thanks

Michael.

New Contributor
matthew.burton

Will do

New Contributor
matthew.burton

Just realized I never followed up.

Turned out there was an issue with the 7400 firmware. 7400a solves the issue but has other bugs. 7400b is what we are running on all our 6430's now.

Frequent Contributor
dvenkat

Hi Matt,

Thankyou for the followup on this post. From your response, it looks like 7400a solved the issue, however 7400b is more stable. Please feel free to mark your response as the correct answer when you get a chance.

thankyou,

Deepti

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.