Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Contributor

SX800 Firmware Download?

Hi,

I have a Brocade account and our SX800 is registered on their and has lifetime warranty.

However I don't seem to have access to download firmware for my SX800. When I click on the IP/Ethernet products it takes me to an old kp.Foundry.net sites which I can't login to.

I emailed their support but they wern't too helpful and just said I only have lifetime warranty.

Any help appreciated.

Super Contributor

Re: SX800 Firmware Download?

Hi Marc,

I have included the warrenty inofo below for you.

But the short of it is you are only intitled to patch release in the version you are running. Please do a 'show version'  to see what code release you are on. I will look up the latest patch release for that version for you.

If you want to have software updates (both major and minor) then you can buy the TAC and software mainteneace only as you are covered for the hardware. This is called 'remote support'.  If you are intrested in that give your reseller a call to get a quote.

Brocade Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty

For select products, Brocade provides a limited lifetime warranty beginning on the Start Date and continuing for as long as the original End User continues to own and use the Brocade branded equipment, as set forth below.

Hardware

Brocade warrants that the Brocade branded hardware will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use. End User's sole and exclusive remedy and the entire liability of Brocade and its suppliers under this limited warranty will be replacement of such product hardware next business day, provided the request is received before 2PM local time.* Defective hardware must be received by Brocade within 30 days of End User's receipt of replacement Product. This warranty excludes removable optics and LEDs. In the event of discontinuance of product manufacture, the warranty is limited to five (5) years from the announced product end of life date. *Response times are based on local standard business days and working hours and commercially reasonable efforts. Response times commence when Brocade is informed of the warranty failure via web request. In some countries and regions and under certain supplier constraints, actual response times may vary. If your location is outside the customary service area, your response time may be longer. Please contact Brocade's Support Team for response time availability in your area. Where applicable, for shipments to locations outside the US, Customer or Customer's assigned agent will act as Importer of Record for shipments of repaired/replacement units and will be responsible for payment of any import duties, taxes and fees. See other Warranty Limitations and Restrictions below.

Software (embedded in Brocade product)

Brocade warrants (a) that the media on which the software is delivered will be free of defects in material and workmanship, and (b) the software will operate substantially as set forth in the applicable Brocade Documentation when used in accordance with the terms of the Brocade software license. End User's exclusive remedy and the entire liability of Brocade and its suppliers under this limited warranty will be replacement of the software media. In addition, End User may download defect repairs from Brocade.com for the firmware release current at time of purchase or any previous release and may also access Brocade’s Knowledge Portal. Except for the foregoing, the software is provided AS IS. This limited warranty extends only to the End User as the original licensee. See other Warranty Limitations and Restrictions below.

Thanks

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the version it is currently running: ver 05.1.00dT3e2

Regards,

Marc

Super Contributor

Hi Marc,

The latest patch release for 5.1 is E - so you are 1 patch behind.

I have included the release notes for you on E

You should be able to request this update as it states that in the warrenty.  However the method is states is not available as far as I know on my.brocade.com as yet.

I would ring the TAC back and state that you have no way of downloading the code but are intitled to this release.

Hope that helps.

Michael.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I will try this with Borcade support.

I don't suppose you know what the latest major version is for the SX800? I think I saw someone say it was version 7 but I maybe wrong.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Hi.

I have found the following on this:

FSX800/1600

• 1-year 24x7 Free Technical Support
  • Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty

Brocade FastIron SX 800 and Brocade FastIron SX 1600 purchased on or after May 3, 2010

For these select products, Brocade provides a limited lifetime warranty for as long as the original purchaser continues to own and use the equipment. In the event of discontinuance of product manufacture, the warranty is limited to five (5) years from the announced date of last product sale. The warranty excludes removable optics and LEDs. Products covered by this warranty are switches in the FastIron WS, FastIron CX, FastIron SX 800, FastIron SX 1600, and TurboIron 24X families. In case of defects, a replacement will arrive on the next business day, provided the request is received before 2 p.m. local time.*

Original purchasers may download defect repairs from www.brocade.com for the firmware release that is current at the time of purchase or any previous release.

Have you bought any additional SDP support?

Cheers

Frequent Contributor

Hi.

The latest version is a v7202d.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.