Ethernet Switches & Routers

Occasional Visitor

SX-ACPWR-SYS pins

Good day :-)

I have come into possession of a set of SX-ACPWR-SYS power modules (I expect to take delivery in two weeks), which I understand to be designed to slot into the FastIron SX 800/1600 enterprise switches. In my case, I do not have a switch -- I am hoping I will be able to use these power modules for a hobby project. From what I can tell, I'm going to have to make a wiring harness for each one to match the backplane into which the modules plug. The problem I've run into is, I haven't been able to find any documentation of what the various pins/blades on the back of the module are for.

I don't know if that information is out there, but I figure if it is, this is the place to ask. :-)

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?:

1) Which blades take the 240VAC input? I assume there are three such, for live, neutral and ground.

2) Which blades put out the 12VDC output?

3) Which pins control the on/off state of the power supply module?

I've attached a picture of the back of the module for reference. At this point, my *guess* is that the three wider-spaced blades take the 240VAC, the two sets of three more narrowly-spaced blades put out 12VDC, including separate ground lines, and the dense array of pins includes a control line and a ground which, when shorted, tell the power supply to power on. However, I'm sure you can understand my reluctance to deliver 240 VAC to two of the blades without knowing exactly which two it should be across. :-)

Thanks very much,

Jonathan Gilbert

Brocade Moderator

Re: SX-ACPWR-SYS pins

Hi,

Brocade do not publish any circuit diagrams of any componenets including power supplies.

Sorry I cannot be of more help

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.