Ethernet Switches & Routers

pkn
Occasional Contributor

SSH support on version 7400

Hi there group,

I've got I mix of FWS, and ICX (54xx) switches. Because of the FWS switches I'm running release 7400 (currently e). This is the one release I can run on both lines.

But I ran into a bit of a problem... SSH

My openssh client reports that there is no suitable key exchange method available.

Nu kan ik dit oplossen door de openssh client de geboden methode te laten accepteren... maar die is niet voor niets deprecated off course. I'd rather update the switches to a release which does support an supported method.

So my question would be:

Is there a 7400 release which does support modern days ssh key exchange?

regards

Peter

External Moderator

Re: SSH support on version 7400

Dag @pkn

->Nu kan ik dit oplossen door de openssh client de geboden methode te laten accepteren... maar die is niet voor niets deprecated off course. I'd rather update the switches to a release which does support an supported method.

I would suggest to post in english instead Dutch.

-->>ICX (54xx)

did you mean perhaps ICX-6xxx Series ?

TechHelp24
pkn
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the ducth... translated it would be

I could solve the issue by getting openssh to accept the offered key exchange method... but there is a reason the method is deprecated.. I'd rather update the switches to a release which does support a supported method.

ICX 54XX should read ICX 64XX

I must have been typing in my sleep.... sorry about that

External Moderator

@pkn

don't worry, I also speak Dutch - no joke -  and have understood your question as well, but here in the community are also other people

ssh is supported in Version 08.0.x and above.

the procedure is descripted - I believe - in Security Guide

TechHelp24
pkn
Occasional Contributor

That doesn't help a whole lot since my FWS switches do not support anything above 7400 Smiley Sad

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.