Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Regarding Tag Port issue

Hi Team,

I am facing Issue while creating  tag/untagged port.  I have Cisco swicthes and Brocade switches(7250ICX) in my Network.

I have configured three Vlan' s in cisco switches namely Vlan1 (using as Data LAn for Martk Users) , Vlan200( Data LAn for Finance Dept) and Vlan 201 (Data LAN for Guest users). I have created trunk port on Cisco SW and this Trunk is connected with Brocade SW.

I have allowed Vlan 1, 200 and 201 on Cisco SW.  Also Three Vlan are configured in Brocade SW vlan 1, 200 and 201 and Tagged Port. I have no issue for vlan 200 and 201 on brocade SW, users are able to connected 200 and 201 But users are not able to get any IP from Vlan1.

I want vlan 1 should tagged/passed in brocade SW also becasue in my netowork Vlan 1 is used by most of the users. What should I do to pass Vlan 1 infomation to Brocade SW.

Brocade Moderator

Re: Regarding Tag Port issue

By default, all the ports on a FastIron device are in a single port-based VLAN. This VLAN is called the DEFAULT-VLAN and is VLAN number 1. The default VLAN is not configurable. If you want to use the VLAN ID "VLAN 1" as a configurable VLAN, you can assign a different VLAN ID to the default VLAN:

device(config)# default-vlan-id 100 (the new default vlan-id must be not already in use)

New Contributor

Hello team,

I made changes as per suggested but still still is same.

In cisco I have three Vlan 1,200 and 201 and vlan 1 is default Vlan. Created on port as a trunk and allowed Vlan1,200,201. Now I created therr vlan in brocade SW vlan 100,200,201 and mark vlan 100 as default vlan. Since configuation is not allowed on default vlan 100 so i could not tag any port for vlan 100. tagged one of the port forvlan 200 and 201.

I want to use vlan1, 200 and 201 of Cisco in brocade SW. Vlan 200 and 201 are working fine with tagged port but vlan 1 is not operation. how to use cisco Vlan 1 information in brocade SW.

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

I am pretty sure that Cisco will be defaultsend VLAN 1 traffic over a trunk as untagged traffic rather tahn tagging it as you require.  I believe the command to enable tagging of native VLAN (1) on a cisco trunk ports is something like vlan dot1q tag native

As for FastIron I believe you were on the right track originally with tagging all three VLANs

Hope this helps

Regards

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.