Ethernet Switches & Routers

Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

QinQ support for MCT over VPLS using CER-RT routers

Dear Community,

I have a provider terminating WAN feeds using QinQ over two fiber tails. For redundancy reasons, I would like to terminate each tail on a different CER-RT router forming an MCT cluster.

When trying to achieve the same set of commands (see example below on an MLXe), CLI dosn't propose the necessary set of commands :

vpls C-VLAN X
  vlan S-VLAN inner-vlan C-VLAN
   tagged ethe ABC ethe XYZ

Looking at NetIron Fature Support Matrix for NI5800a (), I can see that 802.1q-in-q Tagging in supported CER-RT routers.

Do you know if it's possible ?

Thank you.

Brocade Moderator

Re: QinQ support for MCT over VPLS using CER-RT routers

Hi Youssef,

As per MPLS Config Guide for NI 5.8, Dual tag support for VPLS and Local VPLS is only for MLX and XMR. It is not supported on CER.

Thanks

Os

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .
Frequent Contributor

Re: QinQ support for MCT over VPLS using CER-RT routers

Dear Osama,

Bull's eye ! Just what I suspected.

Thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.