Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Q) [ip tcp keepalive] function

Sorry, i can't speak english well..

i have question about command // ADX, SX800

what is this command effect?

this command affect all tcp message?

about tellnet ? or ADX TCP health-check?

I will configure the "ip tcp keepalive" command. Because prepared for when telnet session is abnormaly terminated.

i find it but i don't understand.

ip tcp keepalive.

Configures the time interval between TCP keepalive messages.

Syntax
ip tcp keepalive timeout interval-time num-messages
no ip tcp keepalive timeout interval-time num-messages
Command Default

The time interval between TCP keepalive messages is not configured.

Parameters timeout Configures the timeout in seconds to start sending keepalive messages. Set to 0 to disable the timeout. interval-time Configures the interval time in seconds between keepalive messages. Set to 0 to disable sending keepalive messages. num-messages Configures the number of keepalive messages to be sent before disconnecting.
Modes

Global configuration mode

Usage Guidelines

The no form of the command disables sending the keepalive messages. You can also set the interval-time variable as 0 to disable sending the keepalive messages.

Examples

The following example configures the interval between TCP keepalive messages as 5 seconds.

device(config)# ip tcp keepalive 10 5 2
Brocade Moderator

Re: Q) [ip tcp keepalive] function

Yes. This command will change the values for TCP keepalive messages for ALL TCP sessions.

Sincerely

Bill

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of merchantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.