Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

Possible bug introduced in 08030f and newer

[ Edited ]

We're still working with Brocade on this, but just a heads up to anyone thinking about upgrading to 08030f or newer code on ICX6450, ICX7250 or ICX7450  PoE switches (possibly others, but this is all the hardware I have).

When deploying 08030f and 08030g we've noticed that BNA is filling up with Security events stating, " console timed out by un-authenticated console user from PRIVILEGED EXEC mode".  It is also logging on the switch - use "show log" to see the same events filling up the log buffer.

This is happening to all switches/stacks and began with the above code release.

There is nothing connected to any console port on any switch in any stack, but the errors continue to pour in at a rate set by our conosle timeout of 5 minutes.  A reload does not cure the issue.

Rolling back to 08030e stops the errors from happening, so I can only assume for now this is a bug that Brocade needs to correct.

If anyone else is seeing the same, please chime in and maybe it will get some love.

Cheers.

Paul

Re: Possible bug introduced in 08030f and newer

I"m getting the same thing on ICX 6610 as well.  I currently have a case open.  Same thing though... no one is connected to console and constantly get this message.

We are also experiencing this "bug".  Has there been a fix released yet ?

May  2 10:46:53:ISmiley Frustratedecurity: console timed out by un-authenticated console user from PRIVILEGED EXEC mode

sh ver
  Copyright (c) 1996-2015 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
    UNIT 1: compiled on Feb 18 2016 at 22:49:26 labeled as ICX64S08030fa

Occasional Contributor

Would love to know if this release has any issues on the 6430s.

Contributor

Apparently, 08030h code contains the fix - although looking through the Defects fixed, I don't see this issue specifically mentioned.

My Brocade case Engineer would not give me the Defect number for this bug as he stated it was an internal thing.  Pretty hard to determine whether it's fixed without loading it up if there is no Defect number to check.  Not at all convenient.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.