Ethernet Switches & Routers

New Contributor

Network crashes

I currently have 16 ICX 6450's in a ring topology running version 7.X when I try to add a ICX 6450 24-P running version 8.0X it kills the network. What could be wrong? Do I have to upgrade all to the same version for it to work?

Brocade Moderator

Re: Network crashes

Alan,

Have you tried downgrading the new switch to the same version running in production?

Sincerely

Bill

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of merchantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Frequent Contributor

Re: Network crashes

I don't know what you mean by a "ring" topology unless you meen a switching "loop" topology.  Those are Ethernet type switches, and that is most likely the reason you are down.

If you DO wire them in a ring for some reason, you will need to ensure STP is enabled on those VLANs and PORTS and blocking somewhere in the ring ultimately making it a daisy "chain"

You will want to do a "show errdisable recovery" and a "show errdisable summary" as well as a "show span" to look at what's going on.  I suspec tyou have a loop.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.